Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yard Sale Lies

I had a yard sale today. Yes, I did happen to pick the hottest day all year long to roast in the sun as I tried to rid myself of years of worthless junk.(Junk to me, valuable merchandise to my buyers.)

Anyway, today I thought through all the lines that people say to you while visiting your yard sale and have come up with a top five list of lies that people will tell you.

5. I wish I had the money, I'd buy that from you.(Are you kidding me? It's only a quarter. If you only had the money? )

4. Man if I had room in my bedroom I'd get that.(Obviously you had room enough for the two other bedroom suits hanging out the back of your Ford Windtstar.)

3. I know your asking $50 but could you take $15 because that's all the cash I have on me.(Then they proceed to pull out a $20 and ask for change.)

2. If you've still got that at the end of the day, I'll be back to buy that. (Let's face it you're high tailing it out of here, you really don't want my junk.)

1. Hey, I'm gonna go call my friend, they may want to buy that. (1. You don't have any friends because if you did you'd be off fishing on a Saturday morning rather than going to garage sales with your wife and mother in law. 2. If you do have friends then the last thing they want is to be woke up on Saturday morning at 7:45 a.m. just because you found a really sweet deal on some guys Ab Crunch Machine that has only been used twice.)

So there you have it, my favorite lies that people told me today.

No comments: