Monday, August 27, 2007

Website, Golf, and a Honkin Big Sound System in My Office

The church website is up and running. It is still in it's early phases and will transform over time as new things are added. It is www.stonebridgechurch.tv .

This afternoon I went and picked up our sound system for the church and brought it home to my office. Isaac's eyes got real big and I imagine that he was trying to figure our some way to hook up his DVD player to it and create a surround sound system of concert proportions. Everything is falling into place for 10.07.07 @10:07 a.m. at Wren High School.

And finally, this evening I gave Bryan Holder all he could handle in golf. He challenged me head to head. Bryan plays twice a week. I have played 4 times in the last two years. We played at my home course tonight and I came our firing with a birdie on the first hole. Holder was rattled and I took an early lead. I eventually stretched it out to a three stroke lead. At the sixth hole I was only two over par. Holder came charging back and by the 7th hole we were tied up. That is where providence stepped in and saved Bryan from a potentially humiliating loss. My second shot fell 15 feet short of the green on number 8. Inspired by the movie Tin Cup, I had to try and make my move to push the pressure. I reached deep into the golf bag for the L2. It had been faithful to me on an earlier hole to save bogey and I figured I could either play it safe like Bryan or I could just dog gone go for it. And I did. And I duffed it about 2 inches. In true Tin Cup form I went after it again with the L2 and sure enough, I duffed it again. At this point, I felt like Walter Mondale in the Presidential Election against Ronald Reagan and pretty much conceded the game.

In the course of the next 10 minutes I successfully went from tied to lost, by seven. But for an hour and a half I had rattled the cage of the Doug Fields of golf(Don't even try to figure this out. This is for Bryan and he owes me $13).

In a side competition, I was able to successfully recapture the green towel from Kip Kelly after I beat him by one stroke. He had previously held my green towel for the last three matches. So all was not lost after all.

No comments: