Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Awesome Day

Today I felt like my phone stayed stuck in my ear the whole day. That was a good thing though because I got a ton accomplished today getting ready for our church launch. A special thanks to Cathey at Marathon for giving me some of the paperwork I have to fill out to get going. All those guys up there at Marathon are fun to hang out with and it is cool to see that churches can cooperate to advance God's kingdom. Too many times churches lean toward being terrritorial and creating their own kingdom and when that happens churches build up animosity toward each other. I've seen churches fight against each other worse than two men on Jerry Springer fighting against each other for the love of their cousin. (In an random sad but true fact, it is legal in South Carolina to marry your cousin and no Melissa and I were not related before we got married)

With this whole church start thing, my goal is that people will not see personalities but instead will see Christ. If this ever gets to be about a person instead of Christ then I have failed.

No comments: