Saturday, August 11, 2007

Best $10 Ever Spent

Tonight might have been the best $10 I have spent in quite some time. Isaac had been wanting to go to Greenville Pickens Speedway for a while. I am not preaching tomorrow since we are going to Cincinnati for his surgery so we decided to head on over to GPS and watch some racing.

Let me just say that if you have never been, then you need to go at least once just for the experience. Here is what you will need to go: 1. $10 2. Shorts
Everything else is optional.(Shirts, shoes, manners, teeth, common sense)

It was an educational experience. It basically made every other Nascar race I have been to look like a black tie affair. I learned new words tonight. I am unsure if there is ever a context I can use them in. I am pretty sure that there will never be a context in which I can use them.

The action was exciting and the race was good as well. On two different occasions drivers pulled a Tom Cruise Days of Thunder move by slamming the other car during caution. One of the incidents led to a good ole fashion donnybrook on the track in turn one. Fortunately, some kindly officers from the Pickens County Sheriff's department were there to quell the hostilities.

Isaac had a lot of fun. I think I am going to go back on August 24th as I am considering racing in the Faster Pastor Race. It involves a one lap race around the track in golf carts with the fastest pastor winning money for their church.

In the morning we are off to Cincy. Isaac is having surgery on Monday. We'll update more when we get a chance.

No comments: