Monday, August 13, 2007

Let's Go racing

I have always dreamed of racing at Greenville Pickens Speedway. Just to be able to take the wheel and burn rubber around the track that was host to Nascar's first flag to flag televised race would be the thrill of a lifetime. To be able to say that I have driven around the same track that hosted such legends as David Pearson, Richard Petty, Ralph Earnhardt(Grandpa to JR), Butch Lindley, Ryan Norris, Bobby Allison and more would be a dream come true. Well, that dream to drive has come true. Next friday night I will get behind the wheel of a 5 horse power golf cart in the Faster Pastor race at Greenville Pickens Speedway. I will be competing against other pastors from across the upstate in a one lap golf cart duel around the track. The track gives $500 to the winning pastor's church, which will be great for our church since we are new and just getting started. I have decided also that I will pull a Tony Stewart and climb the fence should I win.

If you would like to go to the race and watch the faster pastor race plus the full evening of racing, then be sure and get your tickets from me. The track is giving 25% of the ticket sales that our church sells to the church. The tickets are $10 each and the church with the most people in attendance wins $500 as well. This is great entertainment. Where else can you see overweight pastors(don't worry I'm including myself in this category) racing each in golf carts? And for the right donation to the church, I might send Reggie Smith's(the pastor at Marathon North) golf cart into the 1st turn wall.

If you need tickets send me an email and I will give you a call.

No comments: