Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Recap

Today was our first baptism at Stone Bridge. The services were great. Music was awesome at both campuses. Video elements fit well with the service. All around it was a great day. People were still standing around fellowshiping 30 minutes after service was over.

Our Anderson Campus joined us in Powdersville for baptism there. We used a portable swimming pool from Wal Mart. You might be a redneck if you were baptized in a pool from Wal Mart. The water was incredibly cold. We had baptism in the auditorium so there was no chance at the sun heating up the water. The only problem I have now is figuring out how to siphon the water out of the auditorium.

I got tongue tied a couple of times today. I think I said scum scholars and people are with you as long as the smelling is good. I meant to say sailing but I guess smelling would fit as well because if you stunk no one would want to be around you either.

I 'm watching the race right now, I'll update more later on.

1 comment:

Scooter said...

Sammy,

Good to see you and Melissa & Isaac. I am so pumped about your new church. I would love to talk to you about how things are going.

I am at Ingleside Baptist in Macon, GA. Life is good. Send me your cell # and i will give you a shout.