Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 2

Awoke this morning and Isaac and Melissa were still asleep. I decided to walk out back to our dock and try to russle up some fish for breakfast. No luck fishing but about 10 minutes into my fishing I noticed a large log floating my way. It was two docks away and it kept getting larger. My first thought was that it was an alligator but then I remembered this was saltwater. Turns out it is a friendly manatee that lives a couple of docks away or at least hangs out under their dock. I think it is because they have a really large dock and this manatee rolls with money. Melissa came outside and got a picture of him.

Today we drove up to Sanibel Island and Captiva Island. Captiva Island has two houses on it that are absolutely the largest houses I have seen in my life. We're talking in the neighborhood of 20,000 sq ft. One of them may have been the one I saw on the real estate channel here and it was listed for 14 million dollars. Crazy big.

We layed out on the beach and picked up shells at Sanibel. We came back here and swam in our pool.(Let me just say this maybe the best thing because their isn't 500 other tourists using the same pool.) About 6 p.m. we all went walking on the beach. We saw 3 stingrays, 4 people, and two dolphins. There seriously isn't anyone here this week.

We came back to the place and as soon as we went out back some dolphins and our manatee friend came swimming up to our dock. They were about 15 feet away. Pretty awesome. Oh well, I'm relaxing and tomorrow we're heading down to the Florida Keys.

No comments: