Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 1

It's official! We are opening another Stone Bridge campus. And who would have thought it would be Ft. Myers? Seriously, I asked Melissa if we could live here when we retire. Next year. This place is amazing. We're staying in a 2000 sq ft house on the bay channel and right across the street from the beach. We have our own dock that I went fishing from tonight and caught a fish of some sort. I was using a fat bodied crankbait(I really don't know what that means but that is what it said on the package at the Bass Superstore today). It was on sale for $2 so I bought three. I have already lost one at the State Park. I bought my temporary salt water fishing license so I wouldn't be fishing dirty. Oh yeah the fish I caught decided to eat all three hooks so that was a butt getting the hooks out of his mouth.

We went to Lover's Key State park today while we waited on the house to be ready. It is only about a half mile from our house. Let me just say that Lover's key lived up to it's name. It is super secluded, like probably only saw 20 people on the whole beach. Anyway, I went to the far end near the channel to fish and rounded the corner and there lying on the beach were two couples of Horseshoe Crabs mating in the sand. 5 minutes later two dolphins swam right up to where I was standing probably 20 feet out in the water. I'm not sure but they seemed to be getting dolphin frisky if there is such a thing.

Tonight we went up to Times Square on the north end of the beach and ate outside at the Beach Pierside Grill and Blowfish Bar. Atmosphere was great, I had a Ribeye and everything was great. The restuarant is on the beach and we were watching the waves crash and up walks this guy from Europe wearing his speedo while I'm eating my steak. I threw up in my mouth. Thankfully they sat on the other side of the deck.

Everything down here is a ton more laid back than the East Coast. We like the slower pace. If you like the tourist trap stuff of Myrtle Beach then this is not the place for you. If you like laid back, not crowded area then this is it. Summer is their off season and rates are cheap. We rented this house for half of what we would have paid for a condo at Myrtle Beach. We have our own private pool for the house, dock, and huge house. The only draw back is the long drive but we have already decided we will be back next year.

No comments: