Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Poor Man's Calculator

So today while doing some research on an upcoming message, I discovered that I had a poor man's calculator. I was trying to calculate modern day wealth versus the wealth of King Solomon and I discovered that my calculator wasn't made for extreme financial greatness. It ran out of space to calculate at 9.9999 million. Just curious if this is a specific problem that I only have or are all calculators poor man calculators. Also curious to know if there is a calculator that adds higher than this. Drop me a comment if your calculator adds higher and tell me the brand. That way if I get rich I will buy one of those.

Youth tonight at the Greenville Drive game was a lot of fun. We had 50 youth and volunteers show up to go tonight. Our volunteers have stepped up big time in the last few weeks and I'm excited at what is going to happen in the coming weeks with our new format for youth. Thanks for all that you do. Next Wednesday night starts our new format with small groups. Be sure to check out the church site for more upcoming youth events this summer.

Finally, tomorrow morning we head out for vacation in Ft Myers Beach in Florida. Jason Patterson is speaking this Sunday and he always does an awesome job. The bands are doing my favorite song this Sunday and I hate that I am going to miss it. Not sure about bloggin in the next week or so as I am going to be on the beach most of the time. I'll post details when I get back.

P.S. Tonight at the Greenville Drive game they had random trivia flashing across the screen. Did you know that there is not a word in the English language for the back of the knee. I couldn't stand for this so I decided to name it. The back of the leg is now known as the Scuttle. I am putting it on wikipedia as soon as this post is over. Check it out.

I'll use it in a sentence for you. "Man, did you see those cankles and the scuttle on that person?"

3 comments:

Easter Bunny said...

You can use a calculator that has scientific notation.....in other words,
100,000,000,000 would be
1 X 10 (12) power

However, if you did this you would be labeled as an egghead

Easter Bunny said...

Dude - you could use a calculator that has scientific notation. If you know what that means, then you are an egghead!

Easter Bunny said...

Dude - you can use a calculator that has scientific notation. If you know what scientific is, then you're an egghead!!!!!!!!!