Thursday, June 5, 2008

Arrived

We are in Ft Myers after a nice 750 mile drive today. The nicest part came when we got to detour off the interstate at Bradenton because a gas tanker truck had crashed yesterday and burned up a metal and concrete bridge. They said South Bound 75 will be closed for 6 weeks.

We are staying in a Marriott Suites tonight because the house we are renting won't be available until tomorrow afternoon.

Needless to say, I sang a lot today. Evan would have went crazy as my family almost did. Somehow I started out with some Hanson "Penny and Me". I sang it for about an hour. It was reminiscent of Lake Lanier Days. Somehow I had the picture of Adam holding Robbie in his arms while simulating rolling down the window. Aaaah good times. By the end of the trip I found myself singing Richard Marx songs and thinking about every movie the Brat Pack of the mid 80's ever made.

Oh well I'm off to bed. Penny and Me like to roll the window down, turn the radio up put the pedal to the ground........ Now the song is firmly stuck in your head too. At least I didn't give you the words to mmm bop.

1 comment:

Chris Brank said...

.....and penny and me like to gaze at starry skies............ok so that song rocks. first 2 months at stone bridge TR we're gonna play that song at least twice a week, maybe 3 times a week, 5 would be nice. if that's not ok with you then we'll probably have to reconsider our efforts to reach people, ya know?