Thursday, June 19, 2008

Skinny Corn

Do you want skinny corn? I can tell you how to grow it from experience. You may say what is skinny corn. Well, skinny corn happens when you fail to weed your garden. Scott Watson stopped by a few weeks ago and told me I needed to weed around my corn. Either through laziness or apathy, I didn't heed his advice and guess what happened? Skinny corn. I have corn stalks that are about 4 ft tall but they are so skinny that they are beginning to fall over because they aren't healthy. The weeds ate up a lot of their nutrients and prevented my corn from being big fatso corn.

I've discovered the same thing is true in my life and the life of the church. If we neglect to weed, then our lives spiritually and the life of our church will never be as healthy as it could be. For the last few weeks I have been doing some weeding in my life personally and we have been seeing some weeding take place in the life of the church. Sometimes it means changing things up and sometimes it means allowing people to walk away. If there are things or people that are sucking the life out of you personally or as a church then you may need to do some weeding. ----Side note- Sometimes people read this blog and read into this, please know I am speaking in general terms. Right now is an incredibly exciting time in the life of our church, our volunteers have been putting in extra effort and really stepping up over the last few weeks and I believe we are going to see some incredible growth as a result of the weeding taking place right now.

And finally, Dino really hit the nail on the head with leadership in his post and what it should look like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice. yes a spiritual weed-eater is a very good investment.