Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hot

Yesterday I was talking to Kevin about their move out to San Diego where they will be launching a new church (Elevate San Diego) coming up in January. He was telling me about the area and how they were experiencing record heat with temps in the 90's. Here was the crazy thing, he said a lot of houses out there don't have air conditioning because the temps are usually in the 70's all year. He told me that they didn't have air and I made some kind of comment like yeah I know what you mean. Honestly though, I didn't know what he meant because my a/c was working fine.

Well, today I know what he means. I got to church in Powdersville to discover that our kids area a/c was not working. We got some fans and it was bearable. Then I walk in from church this afternoon and discover that our a/c at our house had went out as well. As I sit here posting this, it is a balmy 85 degrees in my house. So now I feel like I can identify with Kevin and his sufferings in San Diego.

I do find it interesting that today I spoke on becoming all things to all men. To the weak I became like the weak. To those without a/c I became like those without a/c. Remember it's all about engaging people in a way that they can understand.

No comments: