Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Taken for Granted

There are so many things that I take for granted from time to time and usually there are practical things that bring me down to earth. Tonight I was sitting in the living room and Isaac came hopping on one leg through the living room. It was hilarious because he has the coordination of me. He looked rather spastic but I was laughing. Then Melissa reminded me of something, this is the first time in his 10 years of life that he has had the leg strength to try and hop on one foot due to his diseases. 10 years old and the normal stuff I did as a kid are a whole new world to him. Man, I take so much for granted.

Our children's ministry leaders are awesome. Today they were in the office painting in the kids area. This isn't something that they get paid to do but something that they do because they truly desire to see the lives of kids changed. Since the early days of Stone Bridge, this is the only area that I haven't had to be hands on with because Erin and Paige have knocked the ball out of the park. They have took off and ran with this area of ministry and made it their own. The same is happening is Anderson with Tracy and Kim. All of our children's people do an awesome job.

Another thing I've learned is that it is good to have someone to bounce ideas off of. Since the beginning of Stone Bridge, Scott has been one of those guys for me. It's important to have someone that will shoot straight with you when you seek out advice on decisions. I've got a few of these people that I know will be honest and that sure takes a load off when it's time to make big decisions.

Speaking of big decisions, we have some big stuff coming up and I still ask that you pray that I make wise decisions for the church in the coming months.

No comments: