Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Awards

Today was Isaac's first awards day at school since this was his first time in school. Isaac picked up 5 awards today. He just smiled real big. Melissa and I were proud as we could be. Tonight he had his first class party and we all went and he hung out with his friends from school. Life seemed almost normal for a moment. When we got home as he was getting ready for bed, I called him into the living room and told him that even if he hadn't of received even one reward that I would have been just as proud because he has more courage than anyone I've ever known. I really meant that too. If he never wins another anything, he has already won by his courage under the fire of all he's been through.

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

Tell Isaac I'm proud of him and I've never met him. I've got tears in my eyes just imagining him at the awards ceremony. I don't know how you made it through it.