Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 6

This morning we rented a boat and traveled around the Island and out into the Gulf. The Gulf today was smoother than most coves on Lake Hartwell(That is the ones that have water in them). We went out a couple of miles following a group of dolphins. Isaac's two favorite things were seeing the dolphins and getting to pee off the side of the boat (three times). We saw three different groups of dolphins and we headed in before the afternoon thunderstorms kicked up. Boating on the Gulf is another must do activity. If you have a boat and plan on visiting the Gulf, bring it, there are tons of places to explore.

We came back to the house at about 2:30 p.m. and swam. Afterwards I fished some more. I tried a new technique in fishing but I still caught the stupid catfish. I want to catch a giant Grouper or Mahi Mahi or 14 ft Tiger Shark but instead it's more of the Sea Catfish with the nasty barb on their back. My gloves are working good. I haven't been barbed again since getting them.

For dinner we ate outdoors again at Matanza's on the bay. We try to eat every dinner outdoors on the bay or beach when we're on vacation. Matanzas was nice. We watched shrimp boats and the Key West express come in to harbor. There were two groups of dolphins playing about 50 yards out the whole time we ate. I was tired of steak this week so I went with a burger and it was great.

After dinner we went out on the beach and saw a rainbow over the back bay. This was the first time I have been on the beach and saw a rainbow. We walked until sunset. Sunset was incredible with the clouds. Off to bed, tomorrow beach and pool.

No comments: