Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 5

I'm sitting poolside right now and it's 10 p.m. It feels great out. Temp is 74 and I'm listening to critters chirp in the water. This screened in pool area thing is great because I can sit here in the dark with my lap top on and be unmolested by insects. Note to self, need one of these covered pool areas. Check that, first I would need a pool then the screen thingy.

Today we went down about 4 miles to Bonita Beach. So far we have tried out the beaches on all of the islands here. We've been to Captiva, Sanibel, Ft Myers, Lover's Key ,and Bonita. Bonita may have been my favorite. We are going to look at renting a house there next time. The beach is mostly homes and only a few condos so it is definately not crowded. This beach had more shells than I've ever seen at one spot before. A pair of manatees came swimming by while we were sitting on the beach, They were probablty 50 feet out. There were some kayakers following them along.

We came in from the beach about 1 p.m. and then it was off to play putt putt. Isaac loves putt putt. Isaac had three consecutive hole in ones with no cheating like Bryan H Chy and Kip when they play golf. They like to move their ball to a better lie and then say their scores are real. I believe they cheat but not Isaac. Anyway, this was the first time in my life I have ever shot under par in putt putt. And I did it twice including a hole in one on number 18 which I have never done. We won three free games for our hole in ones because they came on special holes.

After putt putt, we went to dinner at a place called Junkanoos. It was a great beach front open air place. I had a steak. It was good. The cool thing about this place was that it had a crane game. You know the kind you try to pick up a prize with the crane. The only difference was this one cost $2 and instead of a stuffed animal, you tried to pick up a live lobster. If you got it then they would cook it for you. Isaac hated this and everytime he saw someone go to the machine, he wanted them to lose because he couldn't bear to see the lobster out to death.

After dinner, back to the house and swam and Isaac played with his remote control boat in the pool. I was the storm and tried to make waves to sink the boat. He laughed a lot which was awesome.

Tomorrow we are renting a boat for just the three of us and riding out into the Gulf and exploring the bay and barrier islands. Should be fun. Most places won't let you take rentals into the Gulf but we found a place that would.

No comments: