Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Tribute to Dikembe Mutombo

As I watched last night's State of the Union Address, I took particular interest in the part where President Bush paid tribute to NBA player Dikembe Mutombo. (I know that some of you are shaking your heads right now. I mean who would have thought that I have a penchant for political discourse? Seeing that sometimes my posts detour off into redneckesque frivolity, I can understand that many would think me to be a backwoods hillbilly with no greater World View.) But anyway, after seeing that President Bush had paid tribute to Dikembe, I began to wonder what I could do to pay hommage to such a great individual. Then it came to me. Why not build a snow man of similar height to honor all of Dikembe's achievements. So, thanks to our new snowfall this morning, that is exactly what I did. "Snow Dikembe" stands roughly 10 feet 6 inches tall. "Snow Dikembe" has received tons of attention this afternoon from passersby. I feel this is a great way to honor such a great man.



No comments: