Friday, January 19, 2007

In the Hospital Again

Isaac had a rough night last night. He spent most of the night sick to his stomach and unable to sleep. The home health nurse came this morning to draw labs. His liver numbers were a little lower which is good but at the same time his Potassium level had dropped to what the Nurse Practioner said was a critical level and possibly the cause for his vomitting. Because of this we were told to come in to the Emergency Room where he received Potassium through his Central IV lines. We were in the ER for 5 hours and he was admitted. We will be here at least through tommorrow. I will be doing the night shift and Melissa the day shift. I would rather me not get any sleep than her because she likes sleep and if she doesn't get any sleep then............... I will stop right there before I spend another night on the couch. He is feeling good now after the Potassium and hasn't had any more vomitting.

No comments: