Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Debunking the Myth

So most of my southern friends have long heard the myth that southern drivers can't drive in the snow like northern drivers can. I had heard this time and time again but I had never had a chance to see it in action because I have always been in the south when it snowed. As a result, all the southern drivers that I have seen don't really know how to drive in the snow. Well this morning thanks to an overnight blizzard that dropped an inch and a half of fresh snow, I got to see exactly how our northern bretheren perform in the snow. After spending an hour to make a 15 minute trip to the hospital, I realized that both southern and northern drivers are equal in their inability to handle the frozen tundra. They truly are as bad as drivers in my beloved state of South Carolina.

Another thing I noticed was quite interesting. Have you ever noticed that there are some people who refuse to brush the snow off their car? I saw a few people drving this morning with snow still piled on their car from Sunday's snowfall. It's almost like they are being braggadocious. They are essentially saying to other drivers, "Look at me! We got more snow 10 miles north of you." It reminds me of the people that go offroading and refuse to wash their vehicle as if to say look how mudddy I can get. I just dont get this.

That's about all I have for right now. Isaac has surgery tommorrow.

No comments: