Monday, January 15, 2007

Alas, The End of the Man Jeep


All things must come to an end. And so tonight I took one last long journey in the man Jeep. No it hasn't died or crashed or dropped a driveshaft or threw a pinion gear(I don't know what a pinion gear is but it sounds like garage talk so I included it this post). I just felt it was time to get rid of the Man Jeep. Melissa wouldn't ride in it with me because I had to give her boost to get in it because it was so tall off the ground(actually, I would just pinch her on the butt and she would jump right in. Ok so now I am big trouble when she reads this because I told all of you that I pinched her on the butt to make her jump in the Jeep. Oh well the couch is pretty comfortable after all.) But anyway, me and the Man Jeep made a little journey up to Columbus,OH tonight to pick up some stuff. We had fun. It was like old Jeepin times. I couldn't have scripted a more memorable drive for the Man Jeep. It was cold out and on the way back me and the Man Jeep encountered some dastardly weather. It was snowing sideways, but there were no worries in the Man Jeep. That was his element and he savored every last moment. But, like I said, all things must come to an end and therefore the Man Jeep goes to the auction block tommorrow. He is going on my favorite site, ebay. There he will be bought by someone who will let him live the way he was designed. He will run free in the mud pits of the Ohio Valley. Alas good bye Man Jeep. (P.S. I hand crafted the beautiful roof rack that sits so galliantly upon the Man Jeep.)

No comments: