Monday, January 22, 2007

A Letter to the Snowmen Purists


So some of you saw my Snow Man yesterday in the pics with Isaac and Melissa. And by now I know there are some of you out there that are upset with my representation of the Snow Man. I imagine I am going to get some nasty emails telling me that my Snow Man isn't accurate and true to "Frosty" form since mine is a four snow ball snowman and not a traditional three snow ball snowman. The people that will say nasty stuff like this are the same people who have never gotten out into the world and experienced the diversity that life has to offer. I imagine these same people would call me a heretic for saying that there are camels that actually have two humps. The reason they would say this is because all they have ever seen at their local zoo is a one hump camel and therefore have assumed that they are the only ones that exist in the world.

But back to my four snow ball snowman. He is different. He was created that way. Kind of like that cow in the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum that has two heads. Or that man in England that has 6 toes on each foot. Or like that snake in Mozambique that had two heads. Or like that cat in Hoboken,NY that has seven teets. I could go on and on here but you get the point. It is a fact that my Snow Man is a four snow baller and that isn't going to change.(Well actually in a few days it will because the temperature will rise(from greenhouse gases) and he will die a slow wet death) So to the Snow Men purists you need to get out and live. There is diversity in the world and diversity in snow men. You need to learn to accept it and move on.


2 comments:

Shirley Sides said...

Hello,
What I want to know is why you didn't make a snow woman. He will get lonely!!!!
See me at my-thinking-cap.blogspot.com

Love Shirley XO

Anna said...

aw, melissa is adorable!