Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Snow No Problem


So the weather forcasters called for snow here in Cincinnati last night. I sat around patiently until around 3 a.m. waiting for the snow. And as usual with weather forcasters they were wrong. Late this afternoon, we took off on an adventure to locate where it had snowed. Much to no avail we were unable to locate said 70 percent chance that it had snowed. Anyway as we were heading back to the house, Isaac and I decided that we were going to try and create our own. Actually, I was going to get out the hose pipe(garden hose for our northern bretheren) and since we are living right under the flight path(1/2 mile away) of Cincinnati Airport, I was going to spell out a word(for all the air travelers overhead to see) by spraying water mist in the air(It was in the mid 20's this afternoon) and letting it fall on the grass, hence creating our own snow. Taking a page from Charlotte's Web I was going to spell out "Some Pig". Well, I started doing this and about 5 minutes later my hands were freezing to the hose pipe. So then I decided I would rig up a contraption(See attached photo) and put the nozzle on mist and create a yard full of snow. I turned on the faucet and went indoors for about two hours. While I was indoors, apparently the wind picked up and the fine mist had blown on the driveway. So instead of creating a yard full of snow, I have successfully created a 30 foot bobsled run that ends abruptly at the garage door. Since the wind was blowing so hard and for fear that we may never get out of the driveway again, I have changed my ambitious plans for a white yard and instead will be making a georgeous lawn chair ice sculpture. I will take pics in the morning after it has had time to cure.

No comments: