Monday, June 18, 2007

Talk Louder

So this past week while at camp several folks were speaking like Borat. I haven't seen the movie only the commercials. They were all using his accent and by the end of the week I had joined the bandwagon. I too was talk like Borat. (I just did it writing and some of you thought it was a type o). For hours we perfected our speech. Sometimes it sounded Swedish or Spanish but mostly it was Boratese.

Anyway, that night we went to the Yum Yum Shop Ice Cream Parlor and I decided to try out my new language. So, when it was time to order I spoke fluent Borat. I said " Ches, I would like ice cream called choc o late made from American Cow and in dis cone like dis. Also would like drink called Coke of Cola." Seeing how obviously I spoke very little English, the Yum Yum shop manager thought that if he spoke louder then somehow I would understand English better. So he doubled his decibel level and started to slow down his speaking. He said very loudly"that will be $4.86" I responded" I have dollars 5 of American." and he continued his loud dialogue thinking somehow I would get it if it was louder.

Once outside we all laughed and continued on our way. It's pretty funny to see peoples reactions when you talk a little different. Try it out at the Drive Thru this week. You'll get a laugh.

No comments: