Friday, June 22, 2007

Buggy Racing

Have you ever had one of those moments where you only had a couple of items to buy at the store and inevitably the person that beats you to the checkout line has about 150 items? That has happened to me a ton and everytime it is frustrating because in your mind you keep thinking about how you would already be in your car by the time they are half way through with their order.

Well today said incident was avoided thanks to some extreme buggy moves by yours truly.

Today I went to Lowes and I had to get a couple of bags of mulch. Just a couple of items was all I had. As I start heading to the outside register I saw an elderly lasy heading to the register with her long blue cart and it was loaded up with a gazllion of those little colorful plants. She probably had 75 or so items and she was about 10 yards ahead of me heading to the empty register line.
I played it cool at first and pretended not to be heading to the check out so as not to cause her to speed up. As soon as I thought her gaurd was down I made my move. I switched quickly to the next ailse over. I looked like Jeff Gordon sliding through the esses at Watkins Glenn. It was smooth. Then as she glanced around I quickly accelerated and moved over one more ailse so as to have a straight shot at the register. After a hard contested battle she conceded the race to the register to me and I beat her driving away by more than 10 buggy lengths. Actually, I think some Hosta caught her eye and caused her to slow in the ground cover section. By the time she finally reached the checkout, I had completed my purchase and was on my way.

No comments: