Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Job I don't Want

While I was at camp this past week, we made a stop at the arcade as a part of one of the games from the week. As we were in there I watched the kids pile up the tickets for winning games like skee ball, old school baseball, crane dump and more.

Well, yesterday on our way up to Cincinnati Isaac wanted to make a quick stop in Pigeon Forge. We stopped in and he wanted to find an arcade so he could win some tickets. We made our way to the Ripley's Arcade at the Five Oaks Outlet Mall. We went in and he wanted to play skee ball. There wasn't anyone in there so we let him play. He won some tickets and then we went to the counter to cash them in. There was a little boy at the counter who apparently had been there winning tickets all day. He had hundreds to cash in. For about ten minutes I watched as this kid would pick an item and then as soon as the attendant would get the prize out of the case, the kid would change his mind. Back and forth he went. This one, no that one, no this one right here.

I probably would have lost it about the 5th time he changed his mind. I decided right then that arcade attendant was not a job I would want to have. Sure the games would be fun to play in your off time but waiting five minutes for a kid to decide whether or not he wants the bouncy ball or the three plastic spiders would drive me absolutely crazy.

When Isaac got ready to pick out his prizes, I told him he had one shot at it and that was cool because he already had made up his mind while waiting on the other kid.

Kudos to all arcade attendants everywhere. You have my respect for not going postal on little kids Worldwide.

1 comment:

Michellecromer2003 said...

Hey Sammy!
That is sooo funnY! We were actually at an Arcade in North Carolina this weekend. I watched the kids do that over and over...i looked at Carl while we were in line and told him, that even if they paid me $100 an HOUR..there is nooo way I could ever do that job. THe kids would be totally driving me nuts!
Michelle Cromer, SC