Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm Probably Gonna Catch Some Flak

I have a confession and when I confess this, I 'm probably gonna catch some flak. Years ago I had heard some guys talking about their shower habits and I actually heard this one guy say something about his loofa. I had no idea what he was talking about. Better yet, I had no idea why I was listening to guys discuss their shower habits. It seems kind of like the View only without Rosie.

Anyway, I finally found out what a loofa was and to be quite honest I thought they were kinda sissy, especially for a manly man to say that he bathed with one rather than a manly wash rag where you can see the dirt and the evidence of your hard work. So I dismissed the loofa and all male loofa users Worldwide. I thought of them as Metro's.

Well about 6 months ago I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond,(I know, I know, the pot calling the kettle black) and I came across a loofa on a stick. I figured it was made by the same guy who made soap on a rope, possibly for prisoner use where dropping your loofa could be a real bad thing. I gave in to temptation and purchased a loofa on a stick. And to my amazement, I actually enjoy using my loofa. I no longer have those hard to reach places between the middle of my shoulder blades. I now can wash all parts of my body without trying real hard. After 36 years, I had given up the wash rag and exchanged it for my loofa stick.

I didn't realize how awkward it was that I used a loofa on a stick until a couple of weeks ago at camp when Evan checked into our room and he thought he made a mistake and went into a girls room because my loofa was in the shower along with my Secret deodorant on the counter.

There I said it and I feel better by getting this off of my chest. I hope this post encourages male loofa users everywhere. You are not alone.

No comments: