Monday, July 16, 2007

You Asked Again

Recently, I have continued to receive enormous amounts of fan emails from my blog. And to be quite honest I am somewhat flattered that people would actually read what I have to say. Along with this fan email also comes some of the more weird emails. There are a few that seem weird in a stalkerish kind of way. But, being the nice guy that I am, I try to answer all emails even the stalkerish ones kind of like this one I received just a couple of days ago.


It went something like this......... Dear Sammy, thanks for the finger nail clippings after my last request. As I told you in my last email, I am a huge space science fiction fan. As of this email, I have just returned from my annual pilgrimage to the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas. It was a blast. This year I attended the Star Trek Celebrity Souvenir Auction where I was able to purchase the heel pads that Captain Kirk wore inside his boots in episode 6 of the third season(For those who don't know, this was the episode where Kirk faced off with the Klingons) . Needless to say, I almost peed my pants when I won the bid at only $1300.


Anyway, the reason I am emailing you is because I am heading to the Star Wars Convention in two weeks and I was curious if you had a favorite character and if so what type of costume would you have? And if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you dress as that character just once for a picture. I am your biggest fan. Nanu Nanu, David Garrett


P.S. My good friend Ryan is heading to the Prince convention in a few weeks and he is wanting your advice as to whether he should dress for Purple Rain or wear his Raspberry Beret?



Well David, you asked so here is your answer. My favorite character from Star Wars would have to have been the Lost Jedi Quin Bin Phin. He was the 4th son of Quy Gon Jin and Gi Gi Binks(Jar Jar's younger sister). Here is a picture. His costume looked more or less like a bed sheet with a belt around the middle and a flashlight for light sabre.
Oh and tell your friend Ryan, I would go with the Raspberry Beret. Purple Rain is so not in this time of year.

No comments: