Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Good The Bad The Ugly

The Good- Isaac's blood counts were incredible today with platelets of 93 which is really good for him. His white blood count was up to 3.1. His counts were so good that his nurse called to tell us and her voice began cracking and she was almost in tears. This is really good and we continue to pray his counts stay up.

The Bad- This evening I was out in the yard watering the grass and Isaac came running out and said you've gotta come quick daddy. Mommy has cut open her hand. I went inside and sure enough she had cut open her hand. My parents came and got Isaac and it was off to the emergency room where we waited forever. As we were sitting there with Melissa's cut finger, a man came walking with his hand wrapped in a towel soaked in blood. Suddenly Melissa's cut didn't seem too bad as this guy looked like he had lost a pint of blood. They decided not to do stithces and were going to do steri strips because of where the cut was located so she wanted to come on home. We came home and I bandaged here finger and it has since bled through so obviously I didn't do a good job.

The Ugly- Today I met up with Reggie Smith the pastor at Marathon North. Need I say more?

No comments: