Saturday, July 28, 2007

Two Things I Don't Get

This morning I headed up to North Carolina to pick up some stuff. Along the way I was flipping through the radio stations and I had a moment. As I was flipping through the stations, I came across the Motley Crue song "Smoking in the Boys Room". And even though I had heard the song before, I never realized that Vince Neil actually did some sing talking in that song. What is sing talking you might ask? It is a song where instead of singing, a person talks the song. Quite frankly I don't get it. Are you talking or are you singing? I have nothing against spoken word albums as long as you keep it in its proper genre. There should be absolutely no crossover artists allowed. Either you are a singer or a talker, you can't do both. I used to think that sing talking was confined to Christian Music (Can you say Carmen?) but today I was proven wrong. Who'd of thunk it? Motley Crue, sing talkers. The more I thought about it though I identified another possible culprit in that of Reba McIntyre in the country genre. I am not sure if she actually sing talks but if not she is close enough to classify her as a sing talker. Sing talking, I just don't get it.

Another thing I don't get is this. How come every state in the union can have nice rest areas and concession areas at those rest areas except South Carolina. I have been in 6 states this week and today I stopped at the rest area and went to get a drink and they have the machines in cages. You have to be a contortionist to reach our drink. Every other state has nice easily accessible vending machines. Not us, apparently we have rogue bands of vending machine bandits lurking in the shadows waiting to reach their arm up in the machine to steal a pack of Nip Cheese. I just don't get the cages either.

No comments: