Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Couple of Things I Don't Understand

Today we made our weekly trek back up to Cincinnati. Along the way, I came across two things that I just quite don't understand.

1. Big Foot Long Jumbo Pencils with a state name on it. I mean, what the crap? You went to a foreign land and the only thing that you could get me was a foot long pencil with Tennessee "The Volunteer State" engraved on the side. Who uses that? Better yet, who buys that? Somebody must because every gas station from South Carolina to Ohio sells them, along with every other cheap trinket they bill as souvenirs. My favorites have to be the beach scene sand snow globe thingys that say Tennessee on them. There are no beaches in Tennessee. They should have like a snow globe with some deer poop in it. You shake it around and it turns all brown.

2. The second thing I don't understand is how they can build a house that will travel 75 miles per hour down the highway. Seriously, today we got passed by a house taking up two lanes almost and it was travelling more than 70 miles per hour down the interstate. Oh well, whatever works.

Anyway, we are in Cincy. We are scheduled to be back home some time in the wee hours Friday Morning. That's about it for tonight.

1 comment:

Jane said...

And that house that does not fall apart going 75, can't withstand winds of 50! I don't get it either!!!