Sunday, May 20, 2007

Simply Amazing
















Tonight was simply amazing. Tonight we met Isaac's Bone Marrow Donor for the first time. His name is Bob and he is originally from New York but currently lives in Texas. It was an incredible evening. Bob gave our son the gift of life. We cried, we laughed, we smiled. About a minute before I was to speak, we were told his full name for the first time and at the end of my talk I introduced him for him to come forward for us to meet for the first time. Bob received a standing ovation from the entire audience. There is nothing we could ever do to repay him for all that he has done for us. A very special thanks to the entire Hendrick operation for making this night possible. Special thanks to Courtney and Pam for everything and to Shirley for introducing us some three months ago. Along with everything that took place with us meeting Isaac's donor, the banquet raised more than $1 Million for the National Marrow Foundation. I'll llet the pictures tell the rest of the story.




2 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you soooo very much Sammy for sharing this special time with all of us. I can't tell you how my heart is praising Jesus this very minute.
Bob, and "Mrs. Bob" beside him in the picture, have been so generous. Not just to your family, but to all of us that follow the struggles of your family. I pray that we meet this family in Heaven so that I can hug on their necks...there just aren't enough hours in this life time to hug on everyone's neck... but in Heaven, I will have eternity to meet everyone!
Praise GOD!

Chasen Callahan said...

Simply AMAZING!!!!! Love you all