Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Driving Makes Me Fat

We arrived back in Cincinnati this evening. Along the way today, I discovered something. After the past few months driving back and forth between home and Cincinnati, I have finally discovered the reason for the increase in my girth and breadth(that means my level of fatness). Every time we stop at a gas station it looks like we have just made a grocery stop at Sam's club. For some reason, I never hardly eat sweets and snacks at home. But, once I get on the road I turn into Mr. Hyde. Actually Mr. Fatty McFatty Hyde.

Seriously, we leave South Carolina and I eat my way to Cincinnati. Some of my trip favorites include Skittles, Chewy Spree, Peanuts, Nerds, Cow Tails, Bubble Gum(I chew a new piece every couple of miles), Combos, Peanut M&M's, Pork Rinds(I never eat these except when I am driving and I only eat the Barb B Que Flame ones), Pecan Logs(Stuckey's stays in business selling these. Once again I never eat these except when driving.), Peanut Butter on Cheese Crackers, Slim Jims, Orange Circus Peanuts(The marsh mellowy looking things.), and lots more. Now this is just the snack food. We usually stop and eat twice on the way up which we did today. But today was different, we topped it off with ice cream at McDonald's when we got here. Oh, for all the health nuts out there, I did have an apple for my late night snack.(Along with several frozen lemon treats with absurdly large amounts of calories.)

No comments: