Friday, May 4, 2007

I like Cars

I decided Thursday evening that I really am thankful for Cars. Not the movie, although I liked the movie but rather the vehicle I travelled 420 miles in last evening/this morning.

I tried to imagine what it must have been like to travel back in the days of the horse drawn wagon. It must have taken forever to go 420 miles. If I had of been around back then, I have already decided that I would have probably driven a chuck wagon. A kind of drive thru restaurant on wheels. I would have been the most popular person too. People would pull up next to me on their Palomino Horses and ask me to cook them some cabbage and wild raccoon.

I would tell them no way I was busy driving my chuck wagon up to Cincinnati. Then they would say things like "come on, please cook us some cabbage and wild raccoon" I would say no again and then they would open up their leather saddle bags on the side of their horses and give me exorbitant amounts of gold that they had panned from the French Broad River. Then I would stop and cook them some cabbage and wild raccoon.

When their food was ready I wouldn't have one of those sissy triangle dinner bells. No I would fire off a couple of shots from my Winchester Repeating Rifle. My Rifle would be all the rage. Except mine would be for peaceful purposes like sounding off some "dinner's ready" shots. And it would be for any skirmishes that I got into with Indians. Mainly though I would use my Winchester Repeating Rifle for killing small otters to make myself a genuine otter skin hat. My otter hat would be warm in the winter and it would be all sweaty and smell like otter innards in the summer. In the spring it would smell like fresh strawberries. That's because I would use it as a fresh strawberry pouch in the spring.

Oh well, I guess for now I'll stick to driving my car.

No comments: