Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Quotes and Recap

I'm sitting watching the Age of Wal Mart and it has some pretty interesting leadership lessons. The CEO of Wal Mart made the statement that if you ever got satisfied you would get passed by. I think that is an amazing statement for the church as well. If we ever get satisfied with where we're at, the culture will pass us by and we will be irrelevant shells of what God has intended us to be.

Another statement he made that challenged me was when he was talking about how every trip their executives take, they share rooms in the cheapest hotels. He said they purposely did this so that the whole company understood that their leadership was not just saying do as I say but it was do as I do. As a leader I can't ask anyone to do anything that I am not first willing to do myself. I can't be guilty of a double standard if I expect people to respect me as a leader.

Sunday Recap

Kevin Campbell- Lead Pastor of Elevate in San Diego and former fellow Wren Alum spoke at both campuses today an did an awesome job. I particularly liked the statement "Our greatest opportunites lie on the other side of the greatest risks we'll ever take".

We are looking forward to partnering up and helping more as they prepare to launch in San Diego in the coming months. Mike Morris and Oak Pointe in Greenville as well as some other churches are going to be helping these guys as well. These guys and girls are still taking a huge step of faith. There are 13 of them that will be leaving the Atlanta metro area and moving to San Diego with no gaurantees and trusting God to provide. If you would like to help these guys our or find out more about what is taking place in San Diego, be sure to click on the link to Kevin Campbell in my link section.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've heard in a while was when someone asked Kevin if he was a cheerleader. His first reaction was "Is that a compliment? Do I look like a cheerleader?" I guess some guys just have that look. Kevin, I'm laughing with you not at you, don't go all double toe touch on me. LOL

Other highlights, the kids area had it's highest day ever on a weekend when schools were out on Friday which was more amazing. Our total kids area from both campuses was higher than our original number of people we had on our launch team.

I was digging the acoustic version of Who Am I? .

We had several first timers as well as new people getting plugged into teams today.

Next week we begin our new series "Speed of Life".

In news around the house, they captured the teenager who is presumed to have killed 4 people at the end of our neighborhood. The news trucks have been in the neighborhood all day as well as tons of people looking to see the house. It has been a really weird thing. The teenage boy was at our next door neighbors house the night before the murders and they said everything seemed fine with him. Tragic and weird.

No comments: