Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Flea Market

I usually take my day off on either Thursday or Friday, but this week Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are all slammed with church stuff so I took off today rather than my usual day off.

Since it was a Wednesday, I knew the Pickens Flea Market would be open so I piddled around the house until Isaac got out of school at 11:30 a.m. and I took him to the Flea Market for an outing. Here are some observations from the flea market:

1. People are not afraid to swap slobber in public at the flea market. Let me say that a couple of couples were making out and that was just plain gross as I'm trying to peruse through the tables full of junk looking for an ebay treasure.

2. Everyone there is selling a "one of a kind" or a "you won't see another one like it". The only problem is that there usually is another one just like it three tables down.

3. People that buy over the counter medicines from the flea market scare me.

4. Fashion is optional at the flea market. As evidenced by the pleathora of fanny packs and manny packs. Manny packs are the male version of fanny packs and should be worn at no time.

5. Who collects WWE Wrestling Superstar man dolls?

6. All those baseball cards that the baseball card shop owner told you would be worth thousands and pay for your kid's college.............sucker. He got you didn't he? And where do they end up? On just about every table at the flea market.

7. And lastly, if you want a fun day that costs a little, then go check it out. Pickens on Wednesday mornings is the best. Isaac and I had a blast and I ended up coming home with a lawnmower.

2 comments:

Chris Brank said...

wow...so i was there too. and it was completely by chance...my friend is going into the navy on monday, and he was going today, so last night at 1 i decided to take off work/school and go too (for strickly fellowship purposes...and to buy the electronic battleship board game for $1). we definitely mentioned how everything everyone sells has an amazing story behind it, and i saw the WWWhatever wrestling action figures, and i saw the fanny packs. and even crazier...we made a jockey lot video and i'm editing it right now. too bad we didn't run into each other!

Lynn said...

With 'Flea Market' for a title and the mention of Wed. morning, I knew exaclty where you were going with this!!!....and I was hoping you wouldn't say anything too bad about my hometown! You missed the early morning rush though - everyone knows that's when the Pickens Flea Market is at its best :)