Sunday, April 20, 2008

Results of the Day

Today was awesome. We had several more first timers joining us Anderson. The momentum there is starting to grow. The audience there has always been really great and responsive in the message. As a speaker, feedback from the group you are speaking to is vital and the folks in Anderson have been great at providing that as well as our group in Powdersville.

Today I did something I have always wanted to do. I led everyone singing. I will say that the only reason most people sang was because it was Gilligan's Island theme song and I threatened them with a solo if they didn't sing. Everyone responded great except for Chris and Ashton in Anderson who pretended they didn't know the song.

We arrived in Powdersville two minutes late because the speaker was a little long winded. But everything was good because they couldn't start without us.

The best part of the day came later in the day with our Kid's World. I must admit that I ate three bags of popcorn and five bags of cotton candy all while challenging kids and parents in races through the 60ft inflatable obstacle course. We had tons of kids and a bunch of families. The kids had a blast. I think the adults had a blast as well. We had some indoor stuff as well as some of the inflatables outdoors which it was a perfect day for. I think I reinjured my rib but it was all good and was for the kids. Actually, I think I played as much as the kids.

Two of the more memorable qoutes I heard during the after noon as I raced through the obstacle course were :1) As a little girl around 9 years old beat me through the obstacle course, she yelled out to her mom " Hey I beat an old man". I guess I'm not as young as I once was. 2) The second came when I was being lapped by two kids racing and one said "No fair, the preacher is going slow and he got in my way". Apparently I'm not quite as fast as I once was on the obstacle course either.

My favorite I got to do was walk around and challenge kids to see how many bags of cotton candy they could eat. I never realized until we had the cotton candy machine hooked that it is made up entirely of pure sugar with flavor crystals. This interesting fact made it all the funner as I encourage kids to gorge themselves on the cotton candy. Right now, on the inside I am laughing thinking of kids amped up on sugar at home with their parents.

No comments: