Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy How the Day Turns

Started out this morning at 8:30 a.m. with set up in Anderson. Set up there went quickly. These guys get it set up and ready to go. Went back to the Powdersville Campus and met up with my dad who helped me do some stuff at the church.

Next was where the crazy part started. I stopped at mom and dads to eat lunch. While we were eating lunch we noticed the Sherriff's Helicopter circling. My parents live less than a half mile from me and the chopper seemed to be circling my neighborhood. I called Melissa and she said our neighbor had just told her they had found dead bodies in a house at the end of our neighborhood. I went straight home to find police and news crews everywhere. Our neighborhood has only about 15 homes and is on a dead end street. It is filled with families and tons of kids. Anyway, the first house out of our neighborhood on the left had a quadruple homicide. Only a few hundred yards from my front steps, a man lay in the ditch dead and three others inside the house dead as well. It is crazy to think what went through someones head that did this. It makes no sense and it makes the urgency of the church seem so much more real to reach the world we live in.

No comments: