Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Three Things Around the House

I've been thinking the last couple of days. What are some of the basic "things" or stuff that I own that I really enjoy. I'm talking about things that everytime I use them I always enjoy them. Two are subtle and I usually don't really think about them everytime I use them but I honestly am thankful for them. They are the following listed in order of importance:

1. Ice Maker- Seriously. I don't usually give the ice maker much credit for adding to the quality of my life, but the other day I was thinking and the thought of going back to the plastic trays in the freezer really scares me. Actually it doesn't scare me but I really didn't enjoy the thought of refilling the trays everytime I wanted ice. Most of the time I didn't refill them, I simply put them back in the freezer half empty. I do enjoy my ice maker although I never use the water squirter thingy.

2. Recliner- This may possibly be one of the best inventions that was ever created. It is part chair and part bed. What kind of better invention is there than this? Here's the thing, when company comes over to the house, I ususally offer the recliner for guests to sit in. They usually leave wanting to go buy one. It's soft and makes sitting an enjoyable past time.

3. Go Karts- Since it has become clear that I will never make it on the Nascar Circuit, I guess the next best thing is having go karts and a go kart track in my back yard. Whenever I get tired of sitting in my recliner eating fresh ice cubes or crushed ice from my ice maker I can simply walk out the back door and quench my insatiable desire for speed.

That's my three, what are yours?

3 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

Computers are awesome. They let you access the internet, where you can find cool websites that let you play hillarious phone pranks on your wife! Thanks for the tip.

----------- said...

Dude, "sitting an enjoyable past time"?
Go run around the house 3 times, take 2 ice cubes, and call me in the morning.

Chris Brank said...

top 3:
1) the hot water heater. taking a shower without one just isn't the same...but i can't quite put my finger on why it's not the same. someone told me it was because the water was no longer heated, but it can't be that simple. the massive loss of comfort must have a deeper cause.

2) carpet. "hey, if we put something soft over this dirt, maybe our feet won't hurt as bad and our house will stay cleaner." that's revolutionary, really.

3) temperature control. but, i'm really ready for weather control to be introduced to the indoor world. i mean, thunderstorms are cool outside, but what if i want one INSIDE, so my future kids will be forced to play OUTSIDE?