Sunday, March 9, 2008

Awesome Sunday

I have been on staff at churches for the last 15 years. There are three Sundays each year that you can always count on as being your lowest attended days at church. They are New Years Sunday, Father's Day(I'm not sure why this phenomenon exists because Mother's Day is one of the highest attended. Fathers get no love.), and the last one is the Sunday that you move your clocks forward. The reason is because many people fail to move their clock forward and usually show up right as service is getting over.

This has always been the case in every church I have served until now. As a matter of fact, I even told our band that we probably would have a low crowd today.(There's nothing like a lead pastor with little faith.) Anyway, today was jammed packed. We had to pull out extra chairs and pull in extra help in the kids area which was jammed packed once again. For the second straight week we had our highest attendance but that wasn't the best part.

The best part of today hands down was the message. I am not being arrogant here because I didn't speak. Jason Patterson spoke today and did an awesome job. I know some of you are thinking why did you schedule him on a Sunday you thought was going to be a low attendance day? I didn't realize this week was clock change week until this week. I had scheduled Jason to speak back a few months ago when I agreed to do Justin and Barbie's wedding.

Jason did an awesome job challenging our people to not just talk about it but to live it. If we are going to impact our community, then we have to do more than just talk about it but we have to live it.

I am worn out and I didn't speak. I think the time change is already catching up with me.

No comments: