Sunday, March 2, 2008

Recap

Service this morning was excellent. The energy in the room was great. Today was our highest attendance not even counting the folks who showed up twice to help with tonight's preview service. We had several new families and the nursery was bursting at the seems. More kids means there are more families getting plugged in which is awesome.

I spoke on the Power of the Holy Spirit versus our attempts to manufacture power in our attempt to impact the world for Christ. Acts 1:8 has always been one of my favorite passages.

I joined the band today. It was quite by accident when I walked on stage thinking the interlude was the ending of the song. It still had a couple of minutes to go. I stood awkwardly and pretended to be looking at Will on the keyboards. There is only so long that you can look at a keyboardist hands before you feel like you're some sort of weird stalker.

The second service was a little more apprehensive over the pyrotechnics attached to the watermelon. That could be because I actually lit it during the second service.

A big thanks to all of our Sunday Morning crowd that came back out for tonight's service and helped out.

I'm tired and have a long day tomorrow.

No comments: