Monday, March 24, 2008

Dealing with Disappointment

I recently purchased I Am Legend because I loved the movie back when it came out a few months ago. I bought it on Blue Ray Disc in order to experience it in better than HD format. I eagerly waited the chance to watch it. There were two main reasons I wanted to see it. The first is because I wanted to slow it down and see if the manequins head turns while it is standing in the street. I was able to slow it down and the manequin does move his head. Kind of freaky.

The other reason I wanted to see it was because they had added an alternate controversial ending. I am not going to ruin the ending for anyone but let me just say that it was a huge disappointment. I sat there thinking, I just went all out and bought it on Blue Ray because I thought this new ending had to be awesome because I enjoyed the first ending. Now I know why this ending failed to make the cut.

The movie overall was awesome with the original ending. I have watched it three times and I am afraid to go in the dark places each time after I see it.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I finally watched "I Am Legend" tonight! It wasn't too bad! I usually don't go for the sci-fi'ish type of movies, but I actually kind of liked it! Now I just need to see this alternate ending you are talking about. Can I borrow your blue ray disc? Oh yeah, and your blue ray dvd player?? JK! of course!!!!