Sunday, April 1, 2007

Life on a limb

So tonight was home group once again. And usually after home group, I have some tales of fire and pyrotechnics to tell about. Tonight is no exception. I imagine that my neighbors consider me to be a bit off kilter at this stage of the game but I'm learning to get to a point in my life where I don't let others thoughts of me dictate my actions.

Anyway, ever since I was an 8 year old kid, I have had illusions of driving in Nascar. I soon discovered that this dream would not come to pass. So I altered my dream a bit. That dream eventually became that of having a go kart track in my back yard. Well, tonight that dream became a reality. Isaac, Melissa, and I are Official owners of CMS(Clary Motor Speedway). This is back yard go karting at it's best. Tonight we broke out the go karts in the back yard and into racing history we went. It was complete with a double file start with Isaac giving the green flag. Everyone drew for the heat races and for which kart they would be driving. In the first heat it was Jamie Boogity Boogity Boogity Crumpton easily defeating Granny Clampett errr Bryan Holder. In the second heat race I was able to handily defeat Chasen Ricky Bobby Callahan. That set up the consolation race in which Chase easily defeated Bryan Driving Miss Daisy Holder.

In the main event it was Jamie against myself. I held the lead for the first 4 laps before a caution slowed the field after Jamie encountered problems in turn two. On the restart it was a side by side battle for couple of laps before my kart pushed up high in turn one and Jamie was able to capitalize with a pass on the inside. Jamie was then able to pull away from my ill handling kart and went on to win the inaugural Garlington Court 500.

Because of the rainy conditions, none of the girls participated in the race. Isaac was our lone spectator and laughed and smiled while 4 grown men made laps around the back yard in go karts. Needless to say that with only one spectator, there wasn't much money for the winner's trophy.

After the racing, we all enjoyed kabobs on the grill. I had steak some folks had chicken, pork, and shrimp.

Then in our Bible study, I was challenged to Live my Life on the Limb so that I don't waste my time living less than the least. Our home group is going to write a book on this subject so that previous statement is now and hereby copyrighted. That sounded like official legal stuff anyway.

1 comment:

David Garrett said...

"my neighbors consider me to be a bit off kilter"...Trust me on this one, they are not the only ones. Keep having yardsales my parents need something to do on the weekends...lol