Friday, April 20, 2007

Don't Send Me

Occasionally, Melissa will ask me to go to the grocery store as she did last night. I don't really mind going but I know that deep down inside there is a resident evil living inside of me that usually comes out in the grocery store. What is the resident evil I am speaking of? No, it's not check out line rage.(I have learned to manage the self check out thing rather well. And speaking of self check out it is great. It makes life much less embarrassing when you have to purchase those unmentionables like wart remover or hemorrhoidal suave.) And no the resident evil isn't buggy rage.(As you can imagine, I enjoy riding on the back of the buggy. It makes shopping fun like a game or something. You hop on the back and see how many aisles you can coast past.)

Anyway, the resident evil is this............ no matter what kind of list that Melissa has given me, I always seem to be drawn in by the lure of the fresh baked cookies, cakes, donuts, and cupcakes. This becomes a problem as I always end up with not the stuff from the list but instead, I end up with a buggy full of tasty pastries and frozen treats. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, especially when they have fresh made peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate balls. Which is exactly what I brought home last night. Please don't send me. The sugary delights torment me all throughout the store.

No comments: