Sunday, April 29, 2007

Inspiration

Do you remember the first time you watched the movie Top Gun? Remember how when you left the movie you were inspired and pretended that your Honda Civic was a motorcycle and that F-16 jets were flying over head. You probably even went out and bought a leather bomber jacket and started calling all of your friends by their call sign.(Goose, Ice Man, Ghost Rider,etc etc.) You left that movie inspired. Something that you saw had inspired you to go out and visit your local Navy Recruiter.

Well for me the movie that offered me true inspiration had to have been Stroker Ace starring Burt Reynolds, Jim Nabors, and Lonnie Anderson. I was a youngster then and I left that movie knowing that one day I would drive in an elusive quest for glory. That quest for speed, fame, and glory fell short of making it to Greenville Pickens Speedway but the dream has been resurrected in my backyard in my very own velodrome of speed. I challenge all comers to no holes barred backyard go kart racing.

Seriously though, here are some pics of the as yet to be named speedway in the back yard. We are currently talking to corporate sponsors for the naming rights of the speedway.





A very special thanks to my wife who made my dream of having my own speedway some true. Actually, I didn't really ask her, it just kind of happened. But I do thank her for understandin

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sammy... my husband wants to come play in your back yard! Michelle Cr has our phone numbers if you ever want to race!

I think it is so cool that Melissa has allowed your dream.... not very many wives would allow that! Hope you count your blessings daily!

Praying for your safe travels this week!

Jane