Sunday, April 22, 2007

I May Check It Out

Since it looks like we may be in Cincinnati for a couple of weeks, I have been looking for a couple of churches to check out in Cincinnati. I have been to Crossroads and it seems to be solid. Then tonight I came across another church nearby called Center Pointe in Goshen. I have checked out the pastors blog http://raybrock.blogspot.com/ and ever since I read this post http://raybrock.blogspot.com/2007/04/vandalism-or-not.html about how he dealt with a screwed up billboard I have been laughing my butt off. This is exactly what I would have done. There is nothing that a can of spray paint and duct tape won't fix. I could see the headlines now, local pastor arrested for billboard vandalism evangelism. It reminds me of last week when Bryan Holder and I broke into Chase's van while it sat in the parking lot at the church at 11 p.m. I may go check this church out in the morning depending on how Isaac is doing. And you can check out how the sign looked after he painted it here. http://raybrock.blogspot.com/2007/04/revised-billboard.html

And speaking of Isaac, he told me today that it would be really cool if Jeff Gordon would win the race on his 1 year Bone Marrow Transplant Anniversary. And true to form, Jeff Gordon won tonight tying him with the late Dale Earnhardt with 76 career wins. And speaking of Jeff Gordon, Isaac, Melissa and I will be at a banquet with the Hendrick Marrow Foundation in Charlotte in less than one month. We will get to meet Isaac's donor for the first time. Isaac and his donor will be guests of honor for the dinner that is expected to raise more than one million dollars for the National Marrow Foundation.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am so stoked about the fund raiser... but Gordon... WHY have you mislead your son so terrible!?!

Don't worry, I will still pray for Isac's health, no matter who he roots for in NASCAR!