Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What does a pastor do on his day off?

Some people have asked before, what does a pastor do on his day off. Some pastors meet with other pastors. That's no fun because most pastors are boring. Some play golf. No fun either chasing a white ball in a battery powered golf cart. Some read on their day off. Way not fun.

So what do I do? Sometimes I ride go karts. Sometimes Isaac and I just ride around. Today though, I took up a new hobby. That new hobby is called metal art. It's making art out of junk laying around my garage using my welder. I enjoy creating and making things. Today I took apart a lawn mower that my father in law had given me and made it into an air guitar superstar.

I'm currently in the process of trying to name it. I was thinking I could name him after one of our worship pastors. Names like Metal Sexton, Welden Silver, Justin............ never mind, who am I kidding, Justin plays acoustic and my guitar man art statue is playing a gas powered custom Les Paul Briggs and Strattoncaster. No need for a Kapo on this bad boy Evan. Everyone is invited to the gallery showing at my office.

Here are some pics of 6 hours worth of fun in the garage. The last picture is guitar man standing next to his younger sister. She still runs so no art for her yet.




2 comments:

Shana said...

Yard Art is Cool! Can you build me something for my new place in Georgia. I am sure it would help me fit in well!

Marti Hartwig said...

I am SO impressed! You are a bona fide artist (In case you are asked it is called "Found Object Art).
Can't wait to see the back up singers...