Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Update

Yesterday was a struggle so I knew today was going to be awesome. It seems like everytime something big is going to happen in the life of the church, the day before always is tough.

Services today were great. We had our second highest attendance ever. Music was great. Mark had a new player on lead guitar in Anderson and he did an awesome job. Evan Silver led worship in Powdersvile and did an awesome job. Justin was our roving musician for the day as he traveled with me and played at both campuses. Today really highlighted our diversity and team work in the music area. Both bands did great.

There was a rumor that I may make my singing debut at church today and I did. Justin and I wrote a song especially for Mother's Day and we performed it live for both locations. I am not a music afficianado but I do believe that the song went over very well. People were shocked that I would actually sing. I fought hard to dispell the notion that I am a one trick pony. I have added song writing and singing to my repretoire. I hope to have the song up on youtube in the next couple of weeks.

I'm tired, it has been a long day but an awesome day. Remember to invite your friends next week as we continue in the Series Speed of Life and we look at Crash.

No comments: