Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday and Some Big News

Today was full speed. It started with my first official staff meeting with more than just me present. Evan, Derrick and I broke down the service and the ministries within the church. This was an awesome meeting and was good to have gotten to this point to be able to evaluate and plan. It's interesting being the only staff member at the start of a church because when you first start a staff meeting consists of you meeting with yourself. It was good having someone else to talk to other than myself. I talk to myself way too much as it is already.

I left that meeting and then met some more with Mark over a Sun. Mark does an awesome job leading worship at Stone Bridge. If you are living in Anderson, Mark is the goofy looking guy you will stage on Sunday mornings, or it could be Randy or Josh, or Will or Dano or it could be me. Never mind, we're all goofy looking. Anyway, I left that meeting and heading back to Powdersville and met up with Justin and Derrick for lunch.

At 2:00 p.m., we had creativity meeting with Derrick, Evan, and Justin. In about two hours we put together the framework for an upcoming message and looked ahead to some other upcoming message stuff as well. This really helps to bounce ideas off of others.

4:00 p.m. finished up a sweet looking new bulletin with the input of Evan and then headed off to Alpha Printing to drop it off.

4:30 p.m. met up with Erin Brown our children's ministry coordinator and put together a game plan for upcoming volunteer stuff. Our children's minsitry peoples are awesome. Keep up the good work.

5:45 p.m. finished up that meeting and then headed to Greenville with the Watsons to check out the Hard Hat Party that Jason Patterson and Real Life ministries were having in Downtown Greenville. Stone Bridge is partnering with Real Life to impact college and young adults in Greenville. These guys are going to do some awesome things.

After we finished up there we headed to the Mellow Mushroom for Pizza.

I just walked in the door at 9:30 p.m. I have some huge news that I will announce tomorrow regarding Isaac. It is awesome and you'll have to wait until tomorrow because I'm slap tired.

No comments: