Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm going to be in a picture on a gas station wall

Here's a Sunday recap...........

  • Up at 5:45 a.m. to go over message once more before services today.
  • 7:15 a.m. Roll out of the house to pick up our media guy for the trip to Anderson
  • 8:00 a.m. at Anderson location. Discover that our Anderson Campus Pastor Dan has wrenched his back. What a pansy. (Just kiddin Dan but your daughter did say you were walking around acting like an old man. That was priceless. And she does a lot better job at at the Hospitality Table than you.)
  • Service in Anderson went good. Had several first timers which is always good on a holiday weekend. Music was great.
  • Rolled out of Anderson at 10:30 a.m. Pulled into Powdersville at 10:52 a.m. three minutes ahead of start time.
  • Powdersville service good as well. Phillip filling in on the drums did great while Clay was out with knee surgery. Band did a great job.
  • We gave away a 42 inch Plasma Tv to our very first high school graduate from Stone Bridge. Our trustees proceeded to drop it carrying out to the stage. It was broke before we gave it away but you can imagine everyones surprise when they thought that a new plasma just had been dropped. It was priceless.
  • The response to the message was great and it challenged me.
  • After church it was lunch with the Metcalfs at Los Amigos.
  • After lunch, Tripp Metcalf took Scott Watson and myself to a private 17 acre pond in Antreville for some fishing.
  • The most fish I have ever caught in one day had been three. I don't have fishing skills. As a matter of fact Scott and Tripp laughed when they saw me roll up with my deep sea fishing rod to go bass fishing.
  • Scott let me borrow a rod or three.
  • 5 Minutes into our fishing expedition, I had caught 3 largemouth bass already.
  • Needless to say I shattered my previous record with 26 Large mouth bass and 1 ginormous Brim that was as large as my hand.
  • All told we caught 100 fish with 71 keepers.
  • It was one of those moments that you see on the wall of a gas station. You know the picture of the guys with a stringer full of fish. That was me tonight.
  • A big thanks to Tripp for taking us along.
  • To close out the night as we were leaving Abbeville we had a black bear run out into the road in front of us.
  • Tomorrow, I'm sleeping late. The church office is closed.

No comments: