Sunday, May 4, 2008

Return to the Land of Blog and Sunday Recap

I did an experiment this week. A week without blogging and reading blogs. I tried this experiment after I noticed that 90% of the blog hits out of the couple of hundred each day were happening in the hours of 9-5. Which meant most people were reading the blog during work time. Then I did some inward examination and determined that I was one of those people that read some blogs during work hours. It is amazing the difference that 15-20 minutes each day makes in the productivity of that day. So I made a work free blog free commitment. I may check or write blogs in the evening but not during the day.

Having said that, I make my return to the Land of Blog. Please, if you have blog reading addiction, please leave this blog now. Like the bar tender cutting the obviuosly drunk guy off at 12 beers, I am cutting you off. Stop reading. For those of you who blog read in moderation, please continue on.

Today was an exciting day at Stone Bridge. As a matter of fact, today may have been our best all around services at both locations ever. There was as much excitement as the first day we launched the church. Truly amazing. I was really encouraged by all that took place today. God was at work today and that is always awesome to see.

The bands(both Anderson and Powdersville) really stepped up their game to another level today. I had issued a challenge to Justin and Mark and challenged them each to take each band to the next level and man did they respond. The bands were full of energy and fully engaged in leading the congregation in worship.

Evan did a great job with our set redesign in Powdersvile. He made use of exisiting stuff that we already had and it created a great environment. We are going to be doing some set design stuff in Anderson in the next couple of months but our first priority there has been getting a flow of set up and making sure we get the basics down pat first and then moving forward.

We had around 25 people show up for meeting for our youth ministry. These are all people who are wanting to be a part and get plugged in to volunteering and taking our student ministry to the next level.

Other highlights from the day....
Both bands rocked out Life is a Highway.

During my message, I made fun of people who Twitter.. Seriously, you are not that important. No one cares that 3 minutes ago you were eating BBQ chips while talking to Angelo on the phone.

In Powdersville, I did something today that I haven't done in 15 years of ministry. I fell off the stage. I caught myself and didn't hit the ground. I finished out the service at ground level so as not to repeat the fall. Right about the time I fell, I thought to myself, man I'm glad we weren't still in the Wren auditorium because that would have been like a four foot fall or something.

Finally, I spent the evening with Melissa and Isaac at the skating rink for a birthday party. This was monumental because this was Isaac's first public birthday party he has been able to attend since he was 4. He didn't skate, I didn't blame him because there were too many people hitting the floor. It looked painful. Being there with them was fun just watching him have fun.

No comments: